Spaghetti, eggs, salt, black pepper, pancetta, olive oil, parmigiano reggiano cheese, garlic
1. In a large bowl whisk 2-3 egg yolks (remove the egg whites) adding parmigiano reggiano cheese, black pepper and a very small pinch of salt (A)
2. In a pot or pan, boil water adding olive oil and a generous amount of salt to cook spaghetti (B)
3. In another pan, cook pancetta until oil comes out and slightly crispy – during half way, add a clove of garlic (C)
4. When spaghetti is cooked al-dente, use a pair of tongs to clip it into (A) and start mixing together – A small amount of pasta water included is fine. Then add in (C) and mix together.
5. Stir until sauce becomes slightly sticky, then plate.
6. Lastly, top with some more parmigiano reggiano cheese
- PS Use Japanese spaghetti if possible
- PPS Use high quality eggs for more rich flavours
- PPPS Use high quality parmigiano reggiano over Parmesan cheese, the texture of the dish will be much smoother and delicious