煨麵 vs 湯麵
Stewed noodles is a very unique Shanghainese style of cooking. In most cases we would cook noodles and pasta in a different pot first. With this dish it goes straight into the broth, and this is a must!
Shanghai noodles, Chinese Jinhua ham, chicken broth, mushrooms, Chinese cabbage, Shaoxin wine, pepper, sesame oil, ginger, sugar
Boil some chicken broth in a pot and add a few slices of ginger and Jinhua ham. Turn to low heat and let is simmer for the taste to bolden.
Meanwhile marinate a few slices of Jinhua ham using sugar and Shaoxin wine and steam for 7 minutes.
Place the Shanghai noodles in the pot with chicken broth and and turn to high heat.
When the broth boils again add some cold water in the pot, let it reboil again and turn to low heat and cover.
The noodles should be cooked until it softens (obviously to personal preference).
When the noodles softness is appropriate, add the sliced mushrooms, and then the Chinese cabbage.
Let these boil for 2-3 minutes then add some white pepper and a dash of Shaoxin wine.
Just before serving. Slice some steamed Jinhua ham, place on top of the noodles and finally pour some sesame on top. Serve and eat immediately!
- If you cannot get hold of fresh Shanghai noodles, packets ones can be used too
- Crucial for this dish is the noodles must be cooked and braised in then broth and should not be boiled in plain water first. This is the tradition and heritage of this dish
- Adding cold water and allowing it to reboil keeps the noodle texture intact
- Feel free to use mushrooms of your preference
- 【GWZFOOD】無麩質簡易食譜 香蒜青醬西冷牛扒長通粉
- 【GWZFOOD】泥鯭新食法 七味粉香煎深水泥鯭
- 【GWZFOOD】王子一分鐘貼士 – 四油撈麵 冇湯都有得撈
- 【GWZFOOD】王子一分鐘貼士 – 5個步驟 零失敗 溏心蛋
- 【GWZFOOD】XO醬牛仔骨 5分鐘上桌
- 【GWZFOOD】母親節 氹媽媽 落足心機焗豬扒飯
- 【GWZFOOD】香港人點可以無精神 滋陰補腎 黑豆塘虱魚湯
- 【GWZFOOD】梅菜扣肉 風味升級？鹹梅菜 甜梅菜 黃金比例你要知
- 【GWZFOOD】西班牙伊比利亞火腿鵝油意粉 跟另一半一起幸福肥